Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Default Inserting a Cover Page - Word 2007

Many, many thanks for the link. Problem solved.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can get the full thread from Google Groups
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...ote+in+message

Ted M H wrote:
Hi,

I have this exact same problem--saving my docx causes the author and
title controls to be cleared. I want to make this work the right way
rather than deleting the controls. It sounds like there's a solution
from Beth Melton, but it apparently has been removed from this thread.

BTW: GREAT book, Word 2007 Inside Out.

Thanks.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

While it may have worked, removing the Content Control isn't the
necessarily best solution. It might be, but by using the bound File
Properties you have greater flexibly in your document. For example
if you want to include the Title in the header, footer, on another
page, etc, all you need to to is on the Insert tab, click Quick
Parts, and insert the desired file property from Document
Properties. Then to change the Title all you need to to is change it
once in any of the content controls and it will automatically update
throughout the document, and in the File Properties.

Please see my reply in this thread for the reason why you
encountered this issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Lisa Mears" wrote in message
Thanks! Your suggestion worked!

"JonW" wrote:

Can't fathom why it's happening but to prevent it from happening,
open the
document, reenter the text you want to replace the placeholder
text, right
click each place you've entered that key text and click Remove
Content Control.

"Lisa Mears" wrote:

I have inserted a cover page into my document in Word 2007, but
whenever I
key text into the placeholders for [Type Author Name] and [Type
the Company
Name], my own text disappears each time I attempt to save the
cover page.
The location placeholders change back to the default text. How
can I keep the
placeholders from restoring the default text?