Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Coghlan Brian Coghlan is offline

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

I think we all understand now that after 25 bypasses, the program doesn't
work unless you "buy it". The problem is, the program doesn't tell you that
you eventually have to register it (meaning you are going to need a cd key).
I, amongst many other people I presume, have my resume in Microsoft Word 2007
and often open the document just to copy it and then paste it on a website.
I can no longer do this.

Is there a way to copy this document? It lets me highlight it but not copy.
Very frustrating, its not like the program lets you know that after you close
it you can't touch anything or access anyhting you have unless you spend
money.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If your computer 'came with Word' then it almost certainly came with a trial
copy of Office and that trial has now expired. If you want to continue to
use this product you will now have to buy it. If you paid extra for a retail
copy of Office then the product key is on the disc case. If you have paid
extra for Office and you don't have a disc, then take it up with the
supplier of the PC. In the meantime if you have an installed retail copy and
it is not working, have you activated it - Word Options Resources
Actiivate?

heathere wrote:
I am having the same problems as you. My documents are locked, and
greyd out....my computer came with word, so i don't have a product
key, i don't know what to do? Someone please help me.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??