Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Conditional Mail Merge

What you actually need is

{If {Mergefield AddrLine} "Union*" "{Mergefield CityStZip}"}

pls wrote:
I'm doing a mail merge with three lines of address:

Mergefield 1: Name
Mergefield 2: AddrLine
Mergefield 3: CityStZip

If the student's address line in field 2 is "Union Mailbox XXX", I
need to suppress line 3.

If they have on off-campus address, then line 3 needs to print.

Based on an earlier response to a different question, I put on line 3:
{IF "{MERGEFIELD AddrLine\*Union}"''{MERGEFIELD CityStZip}"}
This works to suppress line 3 for those whose address begins with
"Union" but it's also suppressing line 3 for all others.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!