Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default reinstalling the Dictionary

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

ShariW wrote:
My Word 2007 all the sudden does not recognize misspelled words. I
have checked the usual suspects: the Do Not Check Spelling box is
UNchecked, etc. I've gleaned from other posts that it may be a
problem with the dictionary. I have a custom dictionary - CUSTOM.DIC
- but I'm not sure how to reinstall the main dictionary, or to check
if it's there. Can anyone help?