Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Invalid Product Key

If you have the full retail product, you would have paid extra for it and
have the installation disc. Most pre-installations have the full product,
but as a trial only. You can validate the application at any time (if
necessary by telephone), but it still won't work if it is an expired trial
version. If your copy was pre-installed, take it up with the supplier.

LaneF wrote:
I don't believe it is a trial product though. I was told that I have
the full product installed on my computer. I think I just didn't
validate the product in time, but I'm not sure.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If the trial has expired then it has expired. It doesn't continue to
work indefinitely?

LaneF wrote:
I followed all of the necessary steps. I even deleted the Opa12.dat
file. Now when I try to enter in my product key I still get that
same product key invalid message.

"$hri...!" wrote:

Follow up the steps in link

"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895