Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default The abbreviation symbol for paragraph?

I only first used a Unicode number the other day when I was making a
chart on the basis of the manual that came with a font full of Private
Use Area characters -- for Luwian hieroglyphs, as it happens. Happily,
both that number and the glyph's number in the standard catalog of the
script were included in the manual's chart.

Otherwise, if I don't go to the trouble of activating a keyboard (and
trying to find the instructions for its dead keys etc.), it's Insert
Symbol or BabelMap all the way.

On Sep 28, 5:18*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Indeed. Being somewhat innumerate, I have difficulty remembering those
combinations, so I do better with a keyboard shortcut that involves letters.
If I were doing this one, I'd have to use Ctrl+Alt+P since I have
Ctrl+Shift+P assigned to opening Microsoft Publisher.

"grammatim" wrote in message

Or type 00b6 Alt-X (regular number keys).

On Sep 28, 2:26 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Symbol and choose character U00B6 (in the Latin-1 character
subset). You can assign a shortcut key if desired by selecting the
character
and clicking Shortcut Key...

Alternatively, you can press Alt and type 0182 on the numeric keypad.

"DA@BH" wrote in message

How does one type the abbreviation symbol for paragraph?--