Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default How to "freeze" the endnote numbering

Hi Roland,

Why? You'd break the endnotes permanently, so if at all possible I'd avoid
doing it, and find a better solution for whatever you're trying to achieve.

Regards,
Klaus

" roland" schrieb:
I have used the Insert Endnote facility to insert numbered references
at the end of a document. I know want to split the manuscript into two
separate files, one with the text and another with the references. Is
it possible to keep the endnote numbers in the text and the reference
file?