Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roland roland is offline

Default How to "freeze" the endnote numbering

This is what I want but the macro does not work. It gives an error at
the last line. Any thoughts?

Roland

On 10 Apr, 15:13, Daiya Mitchell wrote:
use google groups to search this forum for keywords such as "convert
endnotes to text". You'll find a macro that will do it, I believe
posted by Doug Robbins.

be sure to run the macro ON A COPY, as if you need to edit it, you'll
want to go back to the original unfrozen version and then repeat the
conversion to text process to resubmit.

roland wrote:
Thank you Klaus for answering. Unfortunately it does not help me.

The reason I want to do this is that I have to upload the manuscript
to a journal's webb-based "manuscript central" and they want the
manuscript o be uploaded in separate parts. The manuscript is a review
of 60 scientific reports. The majority of the reports only appear in
tabulated form with reference number to theendnotes. The journal
wants to have the tables in a separate file which will destroy the
numbering.

In another post to this forum I got a useful hint on how to convert
the crossreferences in the manuscript to keep their numbers
permanently by pressing ctrl-shift-F9.

http://groups.google.se/group/micros...management/bro...

But I also want to convert theendnote numbers to permanent numbers
so they will keep the numbering even after the split.

I can do this manually, but would prefer an easy way.

Greetings
Roland

On Apr 10, 2:56 am, "Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Roland,

Why? You'd break the endnotes permanently, so if at all possible I'd avoid
doing it, and find a better solution for whatever you're trying to achieve.

Regards,
Klaus

" roland" schrieb:

I have used the Insert Endnote facility to insert numbered references
at theendof a document. I know want to split the manuscript into two
separate files, one with the text and another with the references. Is
it possible to keep the endnote numbers in the text and the reference
file?- Hide quoted text -

- Visa citerad text -