Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Default "This modification is not allowed because the document is locked"

Hello Adnan

This sounds like another user has the file open, or maybe you lack the
necessary network permissions to edit the file.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Adnan Ali Chaudhry" Adnan Ali wrote in
message ...
When i opened the existing word document & try to modify the document the
message displayed on the status bar "This modification is not allowed

because
the document is locked". Similarly i open a new file to write the data but
the same message was displayed once again. I don't know the solution as to
haw to unlock the word document , even i try to utilize the online

assistance
as well as the word help but useless. Please if any one know the solution

unlock the word document , then please reply me at
.