Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default entering merge fields into main document

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which should
put you back on track. And before you ask your next question - see also
If you know the field names you can type them directly into the document by
pressing CTRL+F9 to create a field.

EF wrote:
So far, this 2003 version is the worst. I am wondering is there a
way to enter mail merge fields into a main document without having to
place the cursor where the field goes, open the fields chooser,
select the field, close the chooser, move the cursor, open the
chooser again, select the field, close the chooser again, mover the
cursor, open the chooser again...

You get the picture. Any help anyone can provide would be
appreciated. We just converted and the office help is singularly
unhuelpful.

thanks