Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Benjamin Barrett Benjamin Barrett is offline

Default Getting an accurate word count

Thank you for the response. I've tried all kinds of variations. My
requirement is to select a number of cells. Unfortunately, the word count
function replies with the count for the entire document when cells are
selected.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word 2007 counts selected text, however if that text is in a table you have
to select the table, or the row, rather than the text within.

Benjamin Barrett wrote:
In Word 2003, the Word Count function only returns the count for
selected text if something is selected. When I select text in tables
in Word 2007, however, it counts all the words in the entire
document. Is there a way to get Word 2007 to count only the words
that are selected?