Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Santoro

Default Merge Date Error with change in calendar year

I have a word 2003 merge document that pulls data from an excel 2003
sheet. The specific field I am pulling from (AFRMonth) has the date
12/01/2005. In word, I have the field formatted as follows:

{MERGEFIELD "AFRMonth" \@ "MMMM yyyy"}

so that it should show as "December 2005" in the document. However,
the formatted field is showing as "December 2006" instead. If I change
the system date to 2005, the field shows properly as "December 2005".
If I remove the formatting switches, the field shows "Dec-05"
regardless of the system date.

Any suggestions?