Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rod(NH) Rod(NH) is offline

Default WORD '07 BUG: COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NEW DOCUMENTS

Hi. You're not getting much satisfaction here are you? I agree with you and
am experience the exact same problem myself, if that is any consolation. I
have Word (also Excel & Powerpoint) 2007 configured to default save as
97-2003 .doc format but new files do not open in compatibility mode as they
do in Excel and Powerpoint. Sure looks like a bug in Word to me. And not a
minor one either, considering user confusion with the new formats.
--
Rod