Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichD RichD is offline

Default Word 2007 Is Eating My RAM

This is very important: I can take those same Word files, put them on the XP
OS from whence they originated, use the same external USB hard drive, and (a)
there is no switching hesitation problem; (b) There is no RAM problem
(inability to transfer 662 MB without running out of memory); (c) There is no
slow transfer rate problem.

My USB drive is sometimes connected directly to the computer and sometimes
plugged into a four-port USB device that has an independent power supply
source (is plugged into a 120v wall fixture). The problem persists in either
case.

The reason I have not posted to Vista or hardware forums is that the three
Word problems - though confined to a machine running Vista - only relate to
Word (both in its XP and 2007 models).