Stefan Blom

On the View menu, click Normal, and then click Footnotes. In the
footnote pane, can you see the footnotes inserted by the creator of
the document? If you cannot, these were probably created manually (not
via the Insert menu).

As far as I know there is no way to convert manual footnotes to actual
numbered ones -- besides recreating them one by one. :-(

--
Stefan Blom

"Melsco" wrote in message
I am editing a document crearted by another person and the

footnotes I edit
or insert put it are not following the numbering sequence 1,2.3 etc

but
starting at 1 again. My numnbering starts from 1 on every page, as

do the
footnotes created by the the original creator of the document. I

have tried
everything in the Help menu without success.