You have posted this in an end-user NG; you would get a better response if
you post in one of the word.vba (programming) NGs.

"Robert Mulroney" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to have a document field return the result of a macro
function? I'm hopeing to have a field that would call a particular

function
each time it is updated and display the results. It's important that I'm

able
to pass a parameter to the function. The function might look sometimg

like:

public function foo(param as integer) as string

'some calculations

foo = "my string"

end function

I'm aware that it's possible to update fields from macros but is it

possible
to have a field update itself?