Jezebel

Use a double-barrel approach: insert a DocProperty or DocVariable field to
display your variable; then in your macro use the result to set the value of
the document property or document variable and update fields.

"Robert Mulroney" wrote in
message ...
Is it possible to have a document field return the result of a macro
function? I'm hopeing to have a field that would call a particular
function
each time it is updated and display the results. It's important that I'm
able
to pass a parameter to the function. The function might look sometimg
like:

public function foo(param as integer) as string

'some calculations

foo = "my string"

end function

I'm aware that it's possible to update fields from macros but is it
possible
to have a field update itself?