Shauna Kelly

Hi dimaneel

The cross-reference dialog only shows paragraphs that have been numbered
with Word's built-in numbering. Is it possible that someone just typed "8.1"
or "8.3.2", rather than using Word's numbering? If so, those paragraphs
won't show up in the cross-reference dialog.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"dimaneel" wrote in message
I need to create a cross reference to a numbered item, but the list in the
cross reference dialog box stops at #8 (less than halfway through the
items
actually there). The document contains a lot of numbered items (example:
1,
1.1. 1.3.1, etc.) so it's already a very long list by the time it gets to
8.
Is there a way to display all items so I can cross reference?