Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Bill Bill is offline

Default Glossary and Index after endnotes

I am working on a book that has the following structu

Body
Endnotes
Glossary

The version of Word I am using gives you the option of putting
endnotes either at the end of each section or the end of a document.
Because the book is in many chapters, requiring different page
headings, it is set up in many sections, so the "end of section"
option is not viable, and the "end of document" option does not allow
anything after the endnotes. My basic question is: Has this been fixed
in later version of Word?

If not, I am looking for the best alternative. The following have
occurred to me:

1. Inserting the glossary and index before the endnotes, tweaking the
page numbers, and then rearranging the page sequence in a PDF
generated from the Word file.
2. Marking the index entries and then writing a macro to create the
index in a separate file.
3. Converting the endnote references to hyperlinks and the endnote
text to text at the end of the body of the document.
4. Dropping the file into a publishing package (e.g., Quark).
5. Using a third party add-on that enables what I am trying to do.

Any suggestions that would simplify my approach would be appreciated.

Bill Buntain