Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

Default How to repair a broken link to template.

Thank you! This just might be the soloution I need.

* I need the styles as well. Does that change your recommendation?

* If I attach the template, is that the same thing as "embedding" the
macros and the styles so that they will be available to anyone who opens the
documents?

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Tools Templates and Add-ins : Attached template.

If your concern is specifically macros (rather than styles) consider
installing the template as an add-in.Then its macros are always available.

"Gary Burton" wrote in message
I have many documents created from a public folder template that
contains styles and keyboard macros. Therefore whenever I open one of
the
documents, it pulls in the macros from the template. If someone on the
network changes the name of a folder in the path to the template,
however,
the link is broken and I can't use the macros. I need the documents and
the
template to remain public, so I can't control the fact that the path to
the
template may get changed. I could put the macros in each document, but
that
gets to be a big editing hassle -- especially if I have to change the
macros
later.

Is there a way to repair that link when it becomes broken? I can't
seem
to find one.

--
Gary Burton