Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sondra Sondra is offline

Default Mailmerge from multiple Files

I really feel like I'm asking a dumb question because I believe I already
know the answer, but...here goes.

Is there a way to mail merge a letter from an access Database and within the
letter access another database to choose the proper information to go into
the fields.

I have a letter that merges with a list of consignees. As part of the
letter the staff need to choose which type of product is being disposed of.
Currently the staff types in the information; however, they all use different
abbreviations, descriptions, etc. I want to be able to have another table
open when they click in the product field that allows them to choose the item
they want and the remainder of the fields will fill in from the item they
choose.

For Example...

Table

Field 1=A
Field 2=Apples
Field 3=Green

Field 1=B
Field 2=Banana
Field 3=Yellow

If the user had a drop down menu to choose B, field 2 and 3 would auto fill
with Banana and Yellow.

After that the remainder of the mailmerge would continue.

Hope this makes sense. I am currently using Word 2002.

Thanks