Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bo Bo is offline

Default Page Number Begin at 1 on seventh page

francis, you are on the right track....

On page 6:
If you had inserted a regular page break, delete it
Now, at the end of the page enter a Next Page Section Break (insert break

Then go to page 7:
View your headers and footer

The first plan of action is to unlink the footer (assuming your page number
is in the footer) from previous (there is a button on the now-active Headers
and Footers toolbar for this).

While still in the page 7 footer, chose the format page numbers button on
the same toolbar indicate that you would like the numbering to start at 1.

Next, scroll up to page 6 select the page number in the footer and delete
it.

Finally, click te close button on the Headers and Footers toolbar to return
to the document body.

Cheers

--
BO Haynes
Microsoft Master Instructor (MMI)

"francis_tzf" wrote:

I have a document that is a couple hundred pages in length. I would
like page numbering to begin on the seventh page with number 1. The
first six pages are a title page, table of contents, dedication, etc.
that I do not want to have numbers at all. Using Word 2007's Help
feature, I think this has to do with setting a "Section" but I cannot
figure out how to do it. Thank you! Francis