Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Confirmation then,

So at Heading 1, I wrote in text the term "Section" and let the number index
itself, so the next time I wanted to you Heading again, it automatically
indexed the number correctly. It evidently knew to look at the same level,
because there was no other higher level to look to.

But this is not so on Heading 2. On heading 2, I texted in a number before
the decimal, so it could not index that number, while it could index the
number .1 .2 .3 so it looked to the prior heading 2.

I think?