Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LuxAeterna LuxAeterna is offline

Default Merge from Excel Data, multiple lines on same letter

I'm trying to do a mail merge of one letter per customer, letting them know
what they were paid for. Problem: Each line designates who was paid and the
amount. Some people were paid more than once. I don't want to create one
letter per payment.

How do I tell the mail merge "If the customer name is the same as the line
before, then put the next payment on a second line on the same letter. If the
customer name isn't the same, move onto the next letter"? Also, can I make it
look like a table?

For example: Joe Smith was paid
$2.00 on 1/2/08
$3.00 on 2/3/08