Michael R

pivt wrote:
Hi- I have a floppy disk with numerous files. Some are from 'word perfect',
and Works 4.5. I'd like to be able to open the files at work. We use Word
2000 there.
Is it possible to change the file extensions to "doc" so they can be opened?
If so,
How do I do it? Thank you for any help...

Yes to the WordPerfect files and I dont think so regarding the Works
files. I believe Works files need to be converted some other way.

To change a file extension, right click on the file and choose rename.
This will allow you to re-name the file. Type a new name. When
re-naming, do not use any strange characters like %$##@ and be sure to
end the name with .doc

Be careful though. While I am not exactly sure how, Wordperfect and
Word are conceptually different. Because of this, not all WP files will
convert nicely to Word. Someone else will be able to expand on that issue.