Ken

Another approach that I use in the same situation is to take the top row,
merge all of the cells within the row, make the left, right, and top borders
invisible and use that as the title row, which guarantees that the title
remains attached. The only possible downside is that if your table breaks
across pages and you want the heading row to repeat, you will have to select
the two top rows (the title row and the column header row), meaning that the
title row will repeate on each new page as well.

"Max" wrote:

I want to place a title on the line preceding the table, but I want it to
stay and look "attached" to the table like a caption. The way it is, the
Title is on a separate line, and when I can't close up the space between the
title and the table. The title looks like it "belongs" to the preceding
paragraph, and not to the table that it is supposed to.

TIA, Max