Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FensterBos FensterBos is offline

Default MailMerge: Label - Problems (Next Record)

I am trying to "merge" a list of addresses on an Excel sheet (.XLS) to a Word
document (.DOC) using the Mail Merge - Labels tool. Basically, I am trying
to use Mail Merge for what it is suppose to be used for.
When I follow the Mail Merge Wizard, I enter the correct document type
(labels), and then select the specific label option/type/size, then use "an
existing list" for my recipients. At that point, I select the respective
Workbook and Sheet; the wizard shows me a faux list of the addresses I want
to merge into my Word document, everything looks in order. However, when I
click 'OK' and continue to arrange and preview my labels, all I see is a
"Next Record" message inside the labels, and eventually nothing when I
complete the merge.
Everything seems to be in order, so I do not know what I am doing wrong.
What step am I missing? Is it the Excel file?