Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
C Clear

Default alignment of text accross selected cells in word from excel

Thanks Suzanne - only problem is that I need the background to stay half
colour for the left column, clear for the right and the symbol to be in the
centre. Hence the need to align the text across the two selected cells.
Merging doesn't let me do this. Any other way?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Merge the cells in Word.

"C Clear" C wrote in message
I am using XP and am making a table in excel which allows me to align the
text across selected cells but when I copy and paste into word this

feature
does not work. I have also selected in the paste options 'keep source
formating'. Anyone know how to handle this?