Amedee Van Gasse

Wquinn shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I use Word 2002 which came with MS Works. The computer uses Windows
XP and SP2 has been installed.

Each time I start the Word program there is a media sounds that plays.

I have turned off (unmarked) all sounds in Tools/Options - the
Assistant has been turned off - and all of the sounds in the
'Windows/Media/Folder' were checked to find that particular sound -
all to no avail.

Any suggestions or help to turnoff this sound would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Bquinn

Look in the Windows Control Panel: there you can disable these sounds.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.16.5.2
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?