drkusa

I don't know what Odie is referring to, Wendy, but here is an answer posted
to somebody else's inquiry:

Caption numbering is controlled by SEQ fields. Alt+F9 will toggle between the
field codes, and the field results. So Alt+F9 to see the SEQ (and other)
fields.

For the first SEQ field in the document, insert the /r 44 switch to force
numbering from this point on to begin with 44. Alt+F9 again to hide the
fields;
Ctrl+A, F9 to force them to update.

"wendy" wrote:

where is other question??

"drkusa" wrote:

Is it possible to initial the caption numbering to something other than 1?
I'm doing chapters of a book in a separate file and need to have globally
sequential caption numbers. Word allows setting the starting page number,
but I haven't found a way to do the same for caption numbers.