Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Auto Updating Fields from a Word Table

My boss is trying to create a standard letter with a few fields that will
change depending on who the letter is addressed to. This would be perfect
for a mail merge, except that my boss would like the table to be in same
document as the standard letter. Since you can't create a mail merge from
the same document that you are working in Im finding this task difficult.

So again, I would like to create a word table at the top of a word document
that would be linked to a standard letter below with a few fields in the
letter that will auto-update with the data in the word table at the top of
the document. Is this possible?