Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do content control fields work?

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

piersonal wrote:
I am trying to compile a template document for new proposals and in
some downloaded templates I see the excellent use of Content Control
fields. I want the user to be able to enter the customer name once at
the beginning and for this data to be replicated in the header and
other areas of the document and Content Control seems to be the
answer.

But I can't seem to make this work. Anyone know how to reference the
information in a Content Control? The Properties dialog box seems to
omit important info, like the field name for starters ...

All very confusing!!