Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 - IF Statement, Form Field Calculate

Hi Stacy,

using the '\# 0' within the embedded field simply tells Word to strip off the currency formatting for the purposes of the MAX test.
Since it seems you'll want the displayed result to have the currency formatting, code the field this way:
{=MAX({=D19*D21 \# 0 },150) \# $,0}
or
{=MAX({=D19*D21 \# 0.00 },150) \# $,0.00}
depending on whether any decimals might be involved. The comma after the $ sign inserts the thousands separator - delete it if you
don't want one.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Stacy Birk" wrote in message ...
Thank you both for your reply.

macropod - I have your 'math zip' file on my system, I have referred
to it before. Thank you for providing that information.

Graham Mayor - I have added your links for referrals in the future.

Forgive my ignorance here but in the links nor in the math.zip did I
find a point of reference when using the formula with an integer at
the end, such as the '150' that is in the above formula. The
following formulas I have tried and both returned the !Syntax Error,
$:

{=MAX({=D19*D21\# "$,0"}, 150)}

{=MAX({=D19*D21\#$#,##0}, 150)}

Possibly I am overlooking something here but I am not for certain
what. I appreciate the help.