Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default combining redlined documents

On Oct 9, 12:33 pm, MDales wrote:
I have two documents that are different versions of the same document (let's
say Doc A and Doc B). Both have redlined changes. What I want to do is copy
and paste a big section Doc A into Doc B, but I want only the original
redlined changes to Doc A to show up, instead of the whole thing showing as
an insertion. Is this possible?

Yes.

Turn OFF Track Changes in Doc B, plop Doc A into it, and Doc B will
never know what happened. And all the changes in Doc A will show up in
their new home. (But their colors will be different if the User Names
used in the two docs are different.)