aplarsen aplarsen is offline
Junior Member

Default Drawing a circle or box with merge data

At my school, we merge in a bunch of data to create a snapshot of each student for scheduling purposes. We call it the scheduling rubric.

An example is attached below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Each student receives a score on the tests or GPA, and their scores are listed in blue down the left side. The cutscores are listed in a matrix in the middle of the sheet, and the appropriate number of points (1-9) is dropped into the columns on the right. All of the math is done in Excel beforehand. Word is just used to dress it up and create a digestible format for parents.

I'd like to figure out a way to circle the or otherwise identify cutscore that corresponds to the point value that they are receiving on the right side. Otherwise, the 1-9 value appears to come out of thin air. The closest I have come to an idea is to create fields in Excel that are converted into a Wingdings check mark in the appropriate cell. Any other thoughts?