Pat Garard

G'Day Sam,

With regard to the Word Interface, be aware that DURING
any file operation (SAVE, OPEN etc) where there is a dialog
open, you may rename or delete any of the visible files.

You are perfectly correct, however, in that this is not a function
of Word and can not be recorded in a Macro.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Sam Hobbs" wrote in message
I think the question is not clear. Specifically, I initially thought that
you were asking how to delete text in a Word document, but then you say
"delete files".

I am not a Word expert, but I doubt that there is anything in the Word
interface for deleting files. In other words, do you know how use Word to
delete a file without a macro? If so, then the answer to your question is
that you can record a macro to do what you need to do. (Actually, it might
not be as easy as that, since the filenames are likely different, but that
probably does not matter.)

Word is probably not the best tool for that; you can write a script to do
what you need to do. Whether you write a script or a Word macro, the
solution is probably the same in terms of the functions used and such.
Look at the Microsoft TechNet: Script Center at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...r/default.mspx

One very useful thing you can do in particular is download the TechNet
Script Center Sample Scripts as one help file; to do that, see the page I
reference above; I just want to emphasize that it is worthwhile doing
(downloading).

"Teri D MT" wrote in message
Hello! I am trying to help some of my coworkers learn to use Word.
Since we
type medical info, we are not allowed to keep patient information on our
computers (we work at home for a hospital). I would like to make a macro
that we could run that would automatically find and delete all the
dictation
that we typed that day so that it will not stay in our computers. I
myself
of course know how to delete files manually, but some of the newer users
are
petrified of trying anything, so I'd like to make them a macro to do it
for
them until they get a little more used to Word. Thank you for any help.
--
Teri D MT