Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Craig Craig is offline

Default Dating in documents

Hi,

I opened up Insert/Field//CreateDate and selected the top of the date
formats (i.e, 11/13/2006).
But it prints both date and time.
How to avoid printing the time.

Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Instead of using a DATE field in your templates, use a CREATEDATE field.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
I use Microsoft word (2003 office) templates for writing letters and

faxes.
Those documents automatically update to the current date. I like that.

But. whenever I open those documents later, the date changes again to
the
current date.
Then, I have no idea when those documents were created. That is very
frustrating.

Please advise me how not to change the date after saving.

TIA. Craig