Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

Default Dating in documents

When inserting the field, don't hit OK right away. Hit the Options button at
the bottom of the dialog box (if you don't see it, first hit the Field Codes
button). From the list, select your preferred date format and hit the Add to
Field button. Click OK a couple times and you're golden.

Andrew

"Craig" wrote:

Hi,

I opened up Insert/Field//CreateDate and selected the top of the date
formats (i.e, 11/13/2006).
But it prints both date and time.
How to avoid printing the time.

Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Instead of using a DATE field in your templates, use a CREATEDATE field.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
I use Microsoft word (2003 office) templates for writing letters and
faxes.
Those documents automatically update to the current date. I like that.

But. whenever I open those documents later, the date changes again to
the
current date.
Then, I have no idea when those documents were created. That is very
frustrating.

Please advise me how not to change the date after saving.

TIA. Craig