Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default 2nd style applied in paragraph inherits font size from first style

You can create two character styles with the desired settings and then apply
those styles to the relevant pieces of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JasonTheDCE" wrote in message
news
I have a single line of text that I want to apply two styles to. The 1st
style is Franklin Gothic Heavy with 12 pt font, no italics. The 2nd is
Book
Antiqua, 10 pt, italic. When I highlight the 2nd set of text and apply
the
style, it changes the font and italicizes, but it keeps the 12 pt size.
If I
modify the style to 9 or 11 pt, it changes the font size correctly. I'm a
fairly experience Word user and at a loss for the reason. Hopefully
someone
else knows the answer. Sample document available upon request.