Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] pwebb@kcionline.org is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Thanks Stefan for response. To answer your questions:
Ctrl+SpaceBar doesn't seem to do anything
The text appears grey on the screen; in print preview and prints grey
Once corrected to black; then it is black on the screen, in print preview and prints black.

But I have just found a solution! ...
I went to "Modify style" where "Style based on" showed that the style was based on a style with font colour grey.
So I changed "Style based on" to "(no style)". I then had to edit the style to be what I wanted it to be.
Now when I close and reopen the document it is fine.
It's still strange that the problem existed but at I have a solution.