Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Field Type - Fill In Prompt Problem (Word Insert Field in

If the "SOME DEFAULT VALUE" text is not being inserted in the Empty filed,
can you please check your string syntax (I'm using VBA here and do it a
slightly different way, but it works OK he

f.Code.Text = " fillin " & Chr(34) & "title" & Chr(34) & "\d " & Chr(34) &
"SOME DEFAULT VALUE" & Chr(34) & " "

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Evan Putranto" wrote in message
news
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. It does help me. However by doing it that way it
lost a very important functionality.

We need "SOME DEFAULT VALUE" to appear when the toggle show codes
activated
(when it is false).

By doing it your way the fill in is perfect but the value is just an empty
string.

Regards,
Evan