Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jon_banquer

Default Need Help From Word Experts

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Although it has been suggested (to MS) that some other method be introduced,
at present the only way to add space above or below a *bordered* table is to
add it to the paragraphs above and below. For unbordered tables, it can be
added to the top and bottom rows.

That's what I thought.

For me working in Open Office Writer with it's concept of Frames is so
much easier then what Word offers. In general I find Open Office Writer
to be a much better thought out program then what MS Word is.

It seems to me that to get many things done in MS Word require work
arounds and kluges that are not necessary in Open Office Writer.

I appreciate your input. Thanks again.

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona