Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How can I apply a template to an existing document?

If you use Insert | File to insert the existing document into a new document
based on the template, this should work. If it doesn't, make sure you have a
couple of empty paragraphs in the new document before inserting the old one.

"Maelle" wrote in message
I am trying to apply a letter template I have created to existing Word
documents; although I check the "Automatically update document style" box,
nothing happens to my existing documents. I there any way I can refresh

the
document or force the changes? Or is there another way to do this? I have
tried to copy the content of the existing document in my template

document,
but I loose the heading and footer.