Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
deloisr deloisr is offline

Default Word merge does not link to the right document?

When I try to merge my excel document (250 rows and 5 columns) into Word
1. The choices in the "insert merge fields" do not match the fields in the
spreadsheet.
2. The finished merge, which should run 22 pages and list 250 events in
order from January through December instead lists only six events in no
discernible order compared to the spreadsheet.
I set up phony word documents and tried to merge them with different data
bases and always get the same set of insert fields bearing no relationship to
the spreadsheet, and the merge always produces five or six entries instead of
the reflecting number of rows in the spreadsheet. I looked the spreadsheets
over, no blank cells, no obvious reason for the discrepancy. Please. Help.