Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Reinstalling earlier version of Office

In addition to the link Doug has provided, I would urge you to change the
Word User templates folder and the Word start-up folder to new folders and
copy the files from old locations to new, before attempting to install 2002.
When you have installed 2002 change its User templates and Start-up folders
to new (different from 2007) locations also.

wrote in message
On 4/2/2010 3:25 PM, wrote:
I now have Office 2007 Ultimate installed on my new Windows 7 laptop.
Most of its components are OK but I am having troubles with Word 2007
and want to revert to Word 2002 from my Office XP suite. I therefore
want to install Word 2002 on this same W7 laptop but in a different
folder instead of whatever the default install folder is. So my question
is

Do I need to uninstall Office 2007 before installing just Word from
Office XP or can I just uninstall the Word 2007 part and re-install it
later.

Should I anticipate conflicts or problems with 2 Words on the same
laptop?

Thank you for any advice.

Jeff

Or can I just install Word 2002 (from Office XP) in its own folder without
uninstalling Word 2007?