Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lee Harris

Default "Fixing" shading of rows problem

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you have that printer selected *while* you are creating the document?
For
example, in my Word I have my desktop printer (the default Windows
printer)
set as the active printer, but when I click "Convert to Adobe PDF"
presumably the Adobe PDF printer is used?

Hi Suzanne,
I understand that many problems are caused by overlooking obvious errors,
but please believe me that I am selecting the correct printer. I am not
using "convert to PDF", I am selecting File-Print from within word and
selecting the Adobe PDF Printer. This is the only way to create PDFs the way
I do them. If I have the wrong printer selected, it does not come out as a
PDF file - this is not my problem, I assure you. I'd be happy to send a
trimmed down doc and/or pdf for you to see for yourself the problem.

In any case, the fix I need is just to get rid of the alternate shading on
rows within sub tables inside the cells of a very large table without having
to rebuild the table from scratch. I'm bemused that there seems to be no
"Tools-Options-Colours" setting as per excel

cheers,
Lee