Amedee Van Gasse

TF shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Dian

I don't agree. Mission Statements are a load of bunkum and tommyrot*.
If they are for your staff, why the hell are they on public display?
It is the reputation for doing a job properly that leads to a
successful company - not a load of ******** hanging on the wall in
reception. I work for a highly successful service company: we turn
away bad customers that we don't want. We don't have a mission
statement and never will have one either. We don't have room on the
wall in reception for starters - the wall is full of really important
notices such as Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, HP Centre of
Excellence, Citrix Gold...

Terry Farrell

*old English expression = bunkum - claptrap: tommyrot - utter
foolishness

Terry,

I'm with you on the majority of the mission statements: too general so
that the company can be bent in any direction.

This is ours:

$WEMANUFACTURETIMERECORDERS is your partner, as a system integrator,
for data acquisition and data control in order to deliver correct
information to the management system in the areas of human resources,
access control, shop-floor control and supply chain management.

It's a tad more concrete than most other mission statements I've ever
read.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html