Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bad Bart Bad Bart is offline

Default Word Menu Bar completely gone

Thank you!

Bart

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm .

Bad Bart wrote:
Hi all,

Any suggestions on how to get back the Word Menu Bar? It's completely
vanished, along with the toolbars. I know how to get the toolbars back,
but without any bars at all showing I can't do it. Since everything
disappeared, I've played around with the Normal template but was unable
to restore anything. Also, MS Word Help sheds no light on the problem. In
fact, it says the Menu Bar can't be hidden. Apparently it can. FWIW, the
keyboard shortcuts to open the menus don't work. I can access many of the
dialog boxes using the quick menus and keyboard shortcuts, but it would
be great to get my normal complement of Menu Bar plus toolbars back.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Bart