Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Themes in Word

Open your template as a document (via the Open dialog box) and apply the
desired theme. Save and close the template file. The next time you create a
file from that template, the chosen theme will be applied.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Theodora" wrote in message
Hello,
I try to save a theme in word 2007, like I did that in PowerPoint 2007. In
PowerPoint I can set the theme as a default theme, and if I open
PowerPoint,
I see the default Theme. It is saved in the document: C:\Documents and
Settings\Userprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Sjablonen\Document
Themes\Default Theme.thmx. (Dutch language) I would like to think that
this
is also the default theme for other office 2007 product, but in Word, it
doesn't work. Is there a way that I can set the default theme for Word?
If I open Word, I can save the style set, colors and Fonts and set that as
default. These settings are saved in the normal.dotm. For every people in
our
company, I want these default settings, but I don't want to copy the
normal.dotm (that I make) to their normal.dotm. I 'am afraid that they
lose
there own settings that they make and that are set in the normal.dotm.
So,
can I save the default settings on a different way for each person in our
company?