Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Footnote Location

Is the page tight? That is, is the last footnote reference on the page very
close to the bottom of the page? Sometimes in such situations Word can get
confused. Also, is there a table involved? That adds further complexity. I'm
currently working on a document with a lot of footnotes, some of them quite
lengthy, and I'm seeing some really strange behavior in some cases that can
be worked around in some strange ways.

"Pat M" wrote in message
I have a document with 20 footnotes in it, all set up to appear at the
bottom of the page (just above a footer). 19 of them appear on the page
correctly, but I have one footnote that prints a number of lines above the
footer.

I've looked at the non-printing characters and there's no extra spaces in
the footnote area. The footnote itself is attached to a column header in
table, which is the last thing on the page before a page break.

Any suggestions on how to put this one footer where it belongs???? I've
tried deleting and readding it, but it is added in the same way every
time.